Santa's Comin' to Town!
Ho-Ho-Ho! He’s coming! (On Saturday, November 18th)
The Sudbury Santa Claus Parade is a festive, special & fun tradition in Greater Sudbury.
Several organizations and companies have submitted a float, as the parade is truly an event that brings the entire Sudbury community together!
This year’s theme is “Merry Christmas Canada! Happy 150th Birthday.”
Maureen Luoma is Executive Director for Downtown Sudbury, and she says the parade will travel along the same route, but there will be one slight change…
Luoma also says there will be a slight TIME-CHANGE with the fireworks display…
(Fireworks will be set off prior to the Parade at 5:15 from the area of Van Horne hill)
As always, bring extra layers! Dress according to the weather conditions. Arriving early to find parking is not a bad idea either!
Motorists should be aware of the following lane and road closures:
- Southbound lanes on Notre Dame Avenue will be closed between Kathleen Street and Ste. Anne Road at 1:00 p.m.
- Notre Dame Avenue northbound between Elm Street and Leslie Street will be closed starting at 4:45 p.m. and will remained closed until all pedestrian traffic has cleared the parade area.
- Motorists can detour via Kathleen Street towards Frood Road or Bond Street, to Murray Street and Leslie Street towards Mountain Street.
- The downtown core will be closed to vehicle traffic between 4:45 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- The neighbourhood area contained by Kathleen, Davidson, College and MacKenzie Streets will be open to local traffic only.
- Brady Street between Paris Street and Douglas Street will close for more than one hour shortly after the commencement of the parade.
Santa’s Comin’ to Town!
Ho-Ho-Ho! He’s coming! (On Saturday, November 18th) The Sudbury Santa Claus Parade is a festive,…
GSPS Looking to Identify Suspect
The Greater Sudbury Police Service is requesting the Public’s assistance to identify the man pictured…