Downtown Santa Claus Parade
Downtown Santa Claus Parade!
The big jolly man in red is making his way back to KICX Country!
Mr&Mrs.Claus and your favorite reindeer will be making their way through the streets of Downtown Sudbury on November 18th, 2017
This year’s theme is “Merry Christmas Canada, Happy 150th Birthday!“
The fun begins with the Santa Watch Party at 2pm
Don’t miss the spectacular Fireworks Show starting at 5:15pm
Then the Parade of Lights and Sounds begins at 5:30pm
The parade route has changed. This year it will run in reverse. Check out the updated route below!
Motorists should be aware of the following lane and road closures:
- Southbound lanes on Notre Dame Avenue will be closed between Kathleen Street and Ste. Anne Road at 1:00 p.m.
- Notre Dame Avenue northbound between Elm Street and Leslie Street will be closed starting at 4:45 p.m. and will remained closed until all pedestrian traffic has cleared the parade area.
- Motorists can detour via Kathleen Street towards Frood Road or Bond Street, to Murray Street and Leslie Street towards Mountain Street.
- The downtown core will be closed to vehicle traffic between 4:45 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- The neighbourhood area contained by Kathleen, Davidson, College and MacKenzie Streets will be open to local traffic only.
- Brady Street between Paris Street and Douglas Street will close for more than one hour shortly after the commencement of the parade.
Santa’s Comin’ to Town!
Ho-Ho-Ho! He’s coming! (On Saturday, November 18th) The Sudbury Santa Claus Parade is a festive,…
GSPS Looking to Identify Suspect
The Greater Sudbury Police Service is requesting the Public’s assistance to identify the man pictured…